Saturday 22 April 2017

Following a Thread - until 24 June 2017

My work is now on display as part of EAST's latest exhibition Following a Thread.  The exhibition is at Braintree District Museum, Manor Street, Braintree, Essex, CM7 3HW (UK).  Today was our private view and it was lovely to see everyone's work on display.  The exhibition will be on at Braintree until 24 June 2017 then move to Snape Maltings in Suffolk (29 June to 5 July 2017).

My work relates once again to my interest in the archives of the Foundling Hospital with six beaded hearts - one for each of six foundlings.  During the time the exhibition is open I will post the story behind each one.  However here is my display - though the photo does not really do it justice as there is just too much glass and reflection.  Also I probably should have got much closer in so I will try and take a better photo over the coming weeks.


For more information about EAST - www.easttextile.co.uk



No comments:

Post a Comment